Friday, March 13, 2009

Giant Snake of Really Bigness

Click the picture below to see it in its huge version.



Big snake, yes?

According to snopes.com it is an olive snake, which can grow from 8 to 12 feet long.

The creature it is pulling out of the water appears to be bovine (that means a cow) but it actually a wallaby. Still a formidable meal, but one that pythons consume rather often.

According to the snopes article, the python tried for an hour to pull the big meal up, but in the end was unable to accomplish the feat.

2 comments:

  1. Snakes give me the eebie jeebies but they truly are incredible creatures. I just hope I never come across a python in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is just awesome. Glad he isn't in my back yard. Thanks for sharing what snopes had to say about the photo. Otherwise, I couldn't have believed it. Again, wow!

    - Teresa jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...